Wednesday, June 17, 2015

X-Men: First Class by Jeff Parker Vol. 2 issue #11

What the fuck are 'continue-teens'?

Well, whoever they are, they supposedly represent the real-life comic book readers who understand the laws and continuity lapses of superhero universes. I suppose this is Jeff Parker's attempt at meta commentary and literary style but I frankly did not give a damn. It was incomprehensible.

It's possible that the main reason why I didn't enjoy any of it was because it forced me to recall some Marvel villains who remain obscure only to me most likely because I'm not a Marvel fangirl in the first place so a fee of these characters and their overall significance to the meta-plot they are playing on goes way over my head. Shamefully so, I guess, but I couldn't google while reading this issue because I simply dislike interruptions when I read comics. Besides, right after finishing, I decided that I don't want to know more although the concept of meta teenage comic book readers helping out the X-Men does have its charm for a while.

Still, this is an issue to skip. Scott and Warren (both on individual missions) are also absent here so the OCF are incomplete so there is less interactive dynamics among them.

NOT NECESSARILY RECOMMENDED: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment