Friday, September 18, 2015

All-New X-Men by Brian Michael Bendis #27

Previously in All-New X-Men:

Beast: I'ma die this time so might as well time-travel because I'm feeling nostalgic and Scott's a dick so I'ma punish him.
Original X-Men: WHUUTT?! A MUTANT GENOCIDE!? Then we must haste to the future!
Teen Scott: What do you mean I'm the fascist leader of a mutant revolution?
Teen Bobby: Scott can't be the bad guy. He's too vanillla for that shit-- *sees future self and screams*
Teen Jean: HOLY SHIT I'M A PSYCHIC NOW!
Wolverine: WHAT THE EVER LOVING FUCK DID YOU DO, McCOY??!! *gets knocked out by newly telepathic teen Jean*
Kitty: I'm dating present-Bobby but past-Bobby annoys me so much! Also, I wanna honor Xavier somehow so I'll take full responsibility of the teens and hope for the best.
*then things get ultimately worse*

[Original X-Men meets Present-day Scott with Magneto and Magik while recruiting. PD Scott's hilarious inner monologue ensued. Teen Jean zapped him angrily via telepathy. PD Scott and Mags bounced out.]


L       A       T       E       R    ...

Beast: I'ma dying now...
Teen Jean: Let me get inside your mind to help you!
Beast: K. Btw, wanna see your future?
Teen Jean: K! *mind explodes upon seeing adult self's experiences and deaths*


L       A       T       E       R    ...

Beast: I'm alive, yo! False alarm. But still have no regrets bringing back the original X-Men.
Wolverine: Fuck off, Hank. Now time to go home, brats.
Teen Jean: HELL NO. i saw some shit! So now we're staying and we're gonna make some changes. 
Teen Scott, Hank and Bobby: K!
Teen Warren: NOT K. I wanna leave.


L       A       T       E       R    ...

Teen Scott: *angst-ing so hard, runs away, meets Mystique then gets babysitted by Wolverine*
Teen Jean: I can hear everyone's thoughts!!! Make it stop!!!
Teen Bobby: *one comedic punchline after another*
Teen Warren: Why won't anyone tell me what happened to my future self?! *meets future self and gets really creeped out*


L       A       T       E       R    ...

Present-day Scott: Join me, brothers and sisters and together we will make a new world.
Wolverine: I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU WISH I COULD KILL YOU I'M GOING TO KILL YOU NOW, SLIM *he doesn't*
Teen Warren: I don't want to be here anyway so I'm gonna join the cool kids.
Teen Jean: *uber control freak mode* WARREN, GO TO YOUR ROOM.
Steford sisters: Bitch, you didn't just abuse your powers!
Emma Frost: Girl better learn that shit ain't gonna fly. Also, I've always hated her.
Storm: Stop fighting on the Krakoan lawn, dammit!
One epic telepathic battle after...
Magneto: I'm disappointed in you, young lady. Charles would've been too.
Warren: Yeah, fuck you, Jean. Byyyyeee, everyone!


L       A       T       E       R    ...

Jean: *for about four more issues* I'M SO CONFLICTED AND POWERFUL AND A TEENAGE GIRL AND I SAW MY FUTURE I CAN HEAR EVERYONE IN MY HEAD I LIKE TO SNOOP AROUND THEIR HEADS BUT I FEEL SO BAD ABOUT IT BUT NOT REALLY I CAN'T BE WITH SCOTT I JUST KISSED HANK BUT WAIT SCOTT TRUSTED ME AND HANK DIDN'T I'M CONFUSED ABOUT WHAT I SHOULD DO NOW SOME FUTURE SELVES OF OURS SAID WE SHOULD NEVER HAVE STAYED FUCK THIS WHY IS EVERYONE AFTER ME WHY DOES THESE THINGS HAPPEN TO ME FUCKING PHOENIX FORCE I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING ANYMORE HELP ME NO I WILL SAVE ALL OF YOU I'M JEAN GREY AFTER ALL AND I AM EVERYTHING THAT THIS COMICS TITLE IS ALL ABOUT--!
Xorn Jean from the Future: *drops by unexpected* Yo, baby girl. I'm you. Shut the fuck up and let me take you home so time can be rewritten again from where I came from--
Charles Xavier II: --which is a bleak future and we have no other choice but to remedy the past or we suffer. By the way, did I fail to mention that we're not really the X-Men of the future. We're the Brotherhood. Oh, I didn't? Well, Scott killed my father and you all did nothing about it so for that alone, YOU ALL DESERVE TO SUFFER! Huzzah! *telepathically attacks them all*
Real X-Men from the Future: We came here to beat your asses, Brotherhood! We got mustached Colossus, adult Jubilee and her full-grown son, and Storm's daughter!
Storm: Daughter?
Brotherhood from the Future: Yeah, well, we have Xavier's son and Wolverine's love child with Mystique, Raze!
Raze: *morphs from adult Kitty and stabs Wolverine in the stomach* Hello, daddy.
Wolverine: WHAT THE EVER LOVING FUCK?!
Deadpool: Also, Deadpool's here, you cunts!! And I'm an X-Man!
Wolverine: ....
Xorn Jean from the Future: Time for some existential breakdown plus some heavy-loaded psychic confrontation between you and I, self! First, lemme dispose of bitch-queen Emma and her skanks then I'm all yours. *three pages later* Okay, I'm back.
Teen Jean: You can't be me! I can't possibly have gotten that crazy in the future!
Xorn Jean from the Future: Have you met us, Jeanie? There's no other road for us but INSANITY and DESOLATION, my love! *proceeds to beat the shit out of teen Jean, justifying it's tough love*
Teen Scott and Present-Day Scott: NO, JEAN! Not the love of our life!

[Epic, personal battles of clusterfucky proportions ensued among everyone]

Brotherhood from the Future: WE CAN'T SEND THE ORIGINAL X-MEN BACK!! But fuck it, let's just kill everyone anyway!
*instead, the Brotherhood all die later...only not really [spoilers]*
Kitty: *had enough of this shit* Oh, for fuck's sake! We suck at everything now. And I feel betrayed and distrustful of my old friends. So, goodbye, I'm making an ironic statament and joining Scott because my bestie Illyana is there. Coming, teens?
Original X-Men: You bet your ass, Professor K!


L       A       T       E       R    ...

Purifiers: WE'RE HERE TO CLEANSE THE HUMAN RACE FROM MUTIES IN THE NAME OF OUR LORD--
Teen Jean: Nope! *attacks them telepathically, laying them to waste*

L       A       T       E       R    ...

Shi'ar Empire: Jean Grey, you stand accused for the sins committed by your future self as the Phoenix which we know is a fundamentally flawed reasoning but fuck it, it needs to be done because we are stupid and desperate and we need to make a crossover story with..
Guardians of the Galaxy: 'sup, y'all! Please support our movie!
Teen Scott: This sucks. I'll run away with my daddy to space now and have a nice life for once! *he does*


L       A       T       E       R    ...

Teen Jean: NIGHTMARES! Woe is me yet again!
Present-day Scott: *pops out of nowhere at her door like a creeper* I'm here for you, Jeanie.
Teen Jean: Oh, thank you, thirty-something-year-old version of my crush, and whom I'm going to marry when I grow up. Here, let me hold your hand. I'm so alone and petrified and you're such a sweet, sweet man *doe-eyed stare*
Present-day Scott: Nope. This can't happen. I love you and you're beautiful and it always aches to be around you but I'm an adult and you're just a kid, and I can't give in! *walks out of her room, dignified*
Kitty: *mentally mock-clapping Scott from a corner* Very proud of you. But next time don't just come inside the room of a vulnerable sixteen-year-girl without adult supervision. And by adult supervision, I mean my phased fist inside your face!


L       A       T       E       R    ...

X-23: I'm only here because I was crushing on teen Scott so I stayed for him but he's gone now so I'm leaving too. Nobody cares anyway...
Warren: Wait, fair lady, it is I--
X-23:  LIKE I SAID, NOBODY CARES! *walks away and gets stabbed by Raze*
Raze: *as a shape-shifted, bleeding X-23; struggles inside the secret bunker to deceive the X-Men* Help me, my friends. We're under attack!

[Outside, the Brotherhood from the Future makes a comeback]

[Stay tuned for new developments for the next issue]



RECOMMENDED: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment